About The Rancho Cordova Athletic Association
The Rancho Cordova Athletic Association (RCAA) was formed in 2013 to bring to the table local leaders who wish to propel youth sports leagues and programs to new heights.
Collaborative marketing, team approach planning and positive coaching models are emerging from this effort with the goal that every child in Rancho Cordova have access to affordable fun that teaches good sportsmanship, healthy lifestyles, teamwork and the rewards of commitment and hard work.
The RCAA meets once a month to share information and plan for a great youth sports community in Rancho Cordova. The group is currently working on several signature projects:
- Positive Coach Alliance Training. This project brings the “Better Athletes, Better People” approach developed by the award-winning Positive Coaching Alliance to Rancho Cordova youth sports. Through a Community Enhancement Grant from the City of Rancho Cordova, youth sports team leaders, coaches, managers, parents and players are learning techniques that will uplift the youth sports culture of the community.
- Youth sports facilities are being upgraded all over the City of Rancho Cordova through grant funding awarded by the city’s Community Enhancement Grant program. Current projects will benefit soccer, baseball, softball, rugby facilities and others. One ambitious project is reviving the long-dormant Mills Little League fields for use by both Rancho Cordova Little League and Cordova Girls Softball.
- Youth Sports Social Media Project: Great youth sports offerings are of limited value if nobody knows about it. That’s being tackled through another project funded by the Community Enhancement Grant program at the City of Rancho Cordova which is teaching youth sports leagues how to harness the power of social media to build leagues and promote our kids. Be sure to like our facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts to be part of this cutting edge project.
- Rancho Cordova Sports Hall of Fame: Rancho Cordova’s remarkable sports legacy is being preserved and celebrated through the Rancho Cordova Sports Hall of Fame. Stop by City Hall and check out the latest display in the lobby. Nominate a Rancho Cordova sports legend, team or coach during on-going Hall of Fame nominations. The deadline is make a nomination for 2018 is March 31. The 2018 Sports Hall of Fame Ceremony will be held at Rancho Cordova City Hall on Oct. 13. Save the date and be sure to get your tickets early… this event is always a sell-out!
- But wait, there’s more: The collaboration among Rancho Cordova Youth Sports Leagues continues to deepen. Our organization is helping revive youth football, rugby and basketball in Rancho Cordova, while stabilizing and improving established organizations built around soccer, baseball, softball and swimming. Visit our website often, attend a meeting and connect with us on social media. We’re the Rancho Cordova Athletic Association and we are here to make sure Rancho Cordova is a place where “all kids play!” Join us!